|Where I live now||
|Roots: Tell us a little about yourself||
I love to cook and make foods from scratch. I like to keep food traditions going as well as trying new things. I’ll attempt any recipe that looks delicious no matter how complicated.
I also love and support my local farmers’ market. I know each farmer and who grows the best produce. Nothing compares to Brian’s carrots for crispness and sweetness! Chucks apples are amazing. Julie’s flowers are beautiful and my list goes on.
|What is your family’s culinary heritage?||
Polish/Italian What good food
|Best family recipe? Share it!||
We have several, but the main thing is coming together to share our food.
|Favorite childhood food memory||
Making pierogi and sausage with my dad and sister. Bugging my mom on Thanksgiving morning to help make her dressing. She never wrote it down so I’m glad I know it by heart.
|Favorite dish to share||
Anything we’ve make from scratch, with love.
We are also working on making our own pastas to sell at the farmers market next season. Egg noodles, corzetti and more. I have a local woodworker making a custom stamp for me.
- Feast of the Seven Fishes: only in America December 15, 2012
- Share the love – of pie January 23, 2014
- Baltimore brothers remember coddies January 1, 2013
- States line up behind favorite Halloween candy October 27, 2015
- Mastering the art of Szechuan cooking July 29, 2015
- Life with more than a dab of barbecue sauce June 7, 2015