Satellite Beach, Florida
|Where I live now||
|Roots: Tell us a little about yourself||
I am a freelance writer specializing in food and culture. I am an American married into a French family and have been living in Europe, both France and Italy, for more than 25 years. I now call Nantes my home.
|What is your family’s culinary heritage?||
I am second-generation American, the granddaughter of Russian Jews. I married a French Catholic (who also lived and worked in Morocco for 2 years where he learned to cook in his free time). When our boys were 1 and 3, we moved to Italy where we lived for 7 years fully integrated into Italian society (Italian public schools, Italian company, Italian friends). So we now raise our boys with this mix of cultures, using food and the stories behind the food to teach them about each separate cultural heritage.
|Best family recipe? Share it!||
Blanquette de veau (my recipe), Boeuf aux Carottes (husband’s recipe) and Classic Tiramisu (son’s recipe)
- Feast of the Seven Fishes: only in America December 15, 2012
- Baltimore brothers remember coddies January 1, 2013
- Share the love – of pie January 23, 2014
- American chestnuts live (!) on Maryland Eastern Shore October 24, 2016
- Thank you for visiting American Food Roots June 3, 2016
- Mastering the art of Szechuan cooking July 29, 2015