Saddle Brook, NJ
|Where I live now||
West Orange, NJ
|Roots: Tell us a little about yourself||
Second generation Italian American, partnered/maried for 22 years, love gardening, traveling, reading, cooking and eating!
|What is your family’s culinary heritage?||
Italian American. Parents from Bronx, NY where I was born. Grew up in NJ.
|Favorite childhood food memory||
Sunday dinners of macaroni with "gravy" sausage, meatballs and pork neck bones, then roast lemon chicken with roasted potatoes and broccoli rape with garlic. Then a walk and a nap! Another vivid memory is the home made "white pizza" which mom made once a month. I'd come home on a Friday from school and smell the yeast dough rising. This is where I began my love affair with anchovies on pizza…..
|Favorite dish to share||
The latest favorite dish I have shared is sauted collards with garlic over rigatoni. Everyone loves it when I make it.
Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes. — P.J. O’Rourke
- Share the love – of pie January 23, 2014
- Feast of the Seven Fishes: only in America December 15, 2012
- Baltimore brothers remember coddies January 1, 2013
- Swizzlers: new players in the ball park frankfurter game April 7, 2015
- Nice Jewish boy makes bubbe’s matzo balls April 2, 2015
- Radio Free Asia potluck broadcasts culinary news March 18, 2015