The suburbs of NJ
|Where I live now||
|Roots: Tell us a little about yourself||
Born in Yonkers, raised in Jersey, Michigander (Michiganian?) by marriage, resident of Virginia. But still cento per cento Italian. When I'm not on AFR I write Italian cookbooks and blog about Italian home cooking. You can find the other me at http://www.domenicacooks.com.
|What is your family’s culinary heritage?||
Italian (no kidding) ~ with roots in the beautiful regions of Abruzzo, Lazio, Molise, and Umbria. But I grew up in New Jersey, so I love a good tomato. And I lived for a time in Michigan (and visit often) so naturally I am fond of cherry pie, smoked fish, Coney islands and Boston coolers.
Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes. — P.J. O’Rourke
- Share the love – of pie January 23, 2014
- Feast of the Seven Fishes: only in America December 15, 2012
- Baltimore brothers remember coddies January 1, 2013
- Swizzlers: new players in the ball park frankfurter game April 7, 2015
- Nice Jewish boy makes bubbe’s matzo balls April 2, 2015
- Radio Free Asia potluck broadcasts culinary news March 18, 2015