|Where I live now||
|Roots: Tell us a little about yourself||
My mother was a very adventuresome cook — unusual in 1950s' America (and the Midwest, no less). She (almost) never made dishes using cream of mushroom soup. She and my father loved to entertain. When they came back from Mexico, they had a Mexican-themed dinner party with a mariachi band. We had a foreign exchange student from Japan so they had sukiyaki dinners made in an electric frying pan at the table. It always blew a fuse. They often had bowls of oranges and lemons as a centerpiece which guests used to make crepes Suzettes for dessert. I thought everyone grew up like this. I was wrong. I, too, love to feed large groups of people in my home.
|What is your family’s culinary heritage?||
Eastern European Jewish. Not the greatest cuisine. Tzimmes, gefilte fish, brisket, latkes. The tradition has, however, given us the curative chicken soup. I've decided to become Sephardic (Spanish/Middle Eastern). They have much better food.
|Best family recipe? Share it!||
My mother made the world's best chocolate chip cookies. She claimed to use the Tollhouse recipe but there was a difference. I think she made them thin and baked them for a long time. They were crunchy, not chewy. Sometimes she added chopped nuts. She sent them to me through the mail and they came as a shoebox of crumbs. I miss them.
|Favorite childhood food memory||
Making "gas company candy." Every month, the Minnegasco Co. sent recipes with the gas bill. This one was for a simple chocolate hard toffee that was simple enough for a 7-year-old (under supervision) to make. We made it a lot.
|Favorite dish to share||
Chicken a la king. Yes, boring. But incredibly comforting. When my son was born, my mother came to stay for a few weeks and I asked her to make it every night. It's REALLY good over fresh popovers.
- Feast of the Seven Fishes: only in America December 15, 2012
- Share the love – of pie January 23, 2014
- Baltimore brothers remember coddies January 1, 2013
- Mastering the art of Szechuan cooking July 29, 2015
- Life with more than a dab of barbecue sauce June 7, 2015
- Wild Alaska salmon is a gift of spring May 21, 2015
- boom beach hack iphone cydia,boom beach ios hack download,boom beach hack tool ios,boom beach diamants illimitÃ©s cydia,boom beach hack apk gratuit,boom beach triche apk,boom beach triche astuce,telecharger boom beach hack gratuit,boom beach diamond hac: Vous allez devoir ainsi manager la image pour obte...
- Jenni Schmidt: Any recipes for St. Louis style cheese cake?...
- boom beach hack tool ios,boom beach gemmes gratuites,boom beach hack apk 22.70,download boom beach hack tool,boom beach hack apk 21.167,boom beach triche ipad,boom beach android hack,boom beach hack tool android,boom beach hack tool apk,boom beach android: Rate of growth Beach give up is an tool which is m...